[syslinux] Doubt in Syslinux with PXE server with boot ISO image

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 13 18:38:35 PDT 2015

> HI all,
>
> I set up a PXE server by following the following howto (
> http://www.tecmint.com/install-pxe-network-boot-server-in-centos-7/ ) is
> working but I noticed him running I need the CD in one repository http
> or nfs.
>
> because it is necessary to have everything in ISO image? it is possible
> to boot an ISO by the network as I do with the CD or DVD?
>
> Regards.

The guide published in the link you posted uses the _content_ of the
ISO images, not the ISO images themselves.

There might be other methods to get the same content, instead of
downloading ISO images. You would need to ask the respective Linux
distributions.

PXELINUX does not need the ISO images, but only part of their contents.

Regards,
Ady.