[syslinux] Changes to get CD to boot on EFI System.

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Sat Apr 2 02:10:26 PDT 2016

Hi,

Ady wrote:
> I very much doubt that there is any ISO image, publicly
> available or not, that can boot optical media in UEFI mode by means of
> Syslinux for EFI as of today. I hope this status will change at some
> point.
> [...]
> I doubt that syslinux.efi (renamed as "EFI/BOOT/BOOT<arch>.EFI")
> is capable of booting optical media in UEFI mode at this point

I thought Didier Spaier showed us ISOs which boot by SYSLINUX and
Linux sitting in the EFI System Partition.
But i cannot find an example in my ISOs collection.

It may be i confused this with goofiboot equipped slint*.iso images.
In my collection there is also
  slint64-current-efi-stub.iso
but this seems to boot by a single blob /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI of 62 MB.

Didier ? Can you help my fading memory ?

Have a nice day :)

Thomas