[syslinux] Changes to get CD to boot on EFI System.

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 2 02:53:08 PDT 2016

> I thought Didier Spaier showed us ISOs which boot by SYSLINUX and
> Linux sitting in the EFI System Partition.

Please allow me to emphasize it again, for clarity, avoiding the
reiterated confusion to some readers / users. We are talking about:

* ISO images,
* burnt to _optical media_,
* and using then the resulting _optical media_ to boot in _UEFI mode_,
* in which the _main bootloader_ for such _optical media_ booting in
such _UEFI mode_ is part of The Syslinux Project.

Unless I am misremembering, there has never been a successful case in
such conditions presented / hinted / insinuated / suggested in this
Syslinux Mailing List.

My point - still hoping to be wrong - is that at this point this set of
conditions cannot be met, and that there has been no developer, with
the necessary knowledge / skills, actually attempting to achieve a
successful result.

At this point, some reader could interpret Peter's words as if this
situation could actually be successfully achieved. I can certainly
understand why his words would be interpreted that way; unfortunately,
such interpretation would lead, at this point, to failure.

I hope the current status would be improved in the (near) future.

Regards,
Ady.