[syslinux] Some make targets are failing

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 28 07:39:49 PDT 2016

Commands such as:

 make installer

and/or :

 make bios installer

are failing.

OTOH,

 make bios

seems to be working (at least for the binaries that I am able to
build).

In some low-resources systems, the difference between building:
_ only the installers or;
_ all binaries under BIOS,

can be relevant.

I want to remind you about a proposed patch (that was later recanted)
related to this target:

 http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2016-March/024907.html

Although Mr. Balducci recanted his proposed patch, there might still be
problems with the "(bios) installer" target(s), considering that I am
not using any kind of script other than the Syslinux code / make files
(which apparently was the reported reason for retracting back the
proposed patch) and it is failing for me.

Please review / test the available "make" targets, "make (bios)
installer" in particular.

TIA,
Ady.