[syslinux] PXELINUX: lpxelinux.0 configuration

Christof Böckler cb at wvsgym.de
Mon Jul 4 23:16:41 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I try to switch from pxelinux.0 to lpxelinux.0 as a PXE boot loader.
With pxelinux.0 I am able to boot my Linux kernel and initrd without any
problems.

When I change DHCP option 67 to lpxelinux.0 this file gets loaded via
TFTP. On the client screen I see the welcome message (PXELINUX 6.03 lwIP
…) but nothing more. Sniffing revealed that there are no further
attempts to load anything.

I expected lpxelinux.0 to load the same configuration file as
pxelinux.0, either by TFTP or HTTP.
This is from my default config file:
KERNEL http://172.16.0.96/boot/vmlinuz
APPEND initrd=http://172.16.0.96/boot/initrd

What am I missing? Do I have to set any further DHCP options?

Greetings
Christof