[syslinux] Module Versioning

Pete Batard pete at akeo.ie
Wed Apr 12 04:42:40 PDT 2017

On 2017.04.12 08:35, intrigeri via Syslinux wrote:
> Wait, no, there's some misunderstanding going on here.

Okay, I stand corrected.

Knowing that tails was Debian based, I was assuming that you also
followed the Debian boot model, which uses GRUB for UEFI.

Considering that this is the Syslinux mailing list, it might be a
tactless question to ask, but is there any reason why you chose to
deviate from the Debian boot process, and not use GRUB alone for UEFI

Especially considering that you then have an issue with the .c32
modules, I am curious as to what you you considered to be a serious
enough limitation from GRUB, to only use it as an intermediate for
Syslinux boot.

Regards,

/Pete