[syslinux] syslinux/isolinux in other languages then english

scootergrisen scootergrisen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 08:08:14 PST 2017

Hi i use Debian and i think that the first screen i see when trying the
Debian ISO file is ISOLINUX.

This first screen is only in english it seems.

I would like this screen to be in other languages so i can switch to my
language.

Any there and way to translate it or are any work being done to make it
translatable?

I see a warning on http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php?title=Download
about GFXBoot.
I don't know if its GFXBoot that give Ubuntu the possibility to select
language with F2 and keymap with F3 on the first screen but i would like
something simalar, but instead of having to translate it Multiple places
like for Ubuntu and SuSE and Mandriva it would be better to have the
translation in syslinux/isolinux and then all the distrubutions could
use that.

As this is the first screen that the user and new users see when they
try out a Linux distribution i would very much like to see it translated
to my language so more people would have a better experience. Espicially
if they dont understand english.