[syslinux] Possible to persist data across reboots from Lua?

Frank Hunleth fhunleth at troodon-software.com
Wed Jan 25 11:44:29 PST 2017

I'd like to be able to save a boolean value across reboots. I believe
that being able to store to the auxiliary data vector would satisfy
this need, but I'm using syslinux and that doesn't seem to be
implemented. While I'm currently using a Lua script, I'm not tied to
it, so if there's a way to read and write any persistent filesystem or
disk, I'd be happy to switch. Reading through the source code, it
seems like most filesystem operations are read-only and I couldn't
find any information on the wiki. If this is possible, could you point
me to an example or where to read up?

Thanks,
Frank