[syslinux] New gnu-efi release (3.0.5)

Benoît Allard benoit.allard at greenbone.net
Fri Jun 9 03:17:37 PDT 2017

On Thu, 8 Jun 2017 17:19:41 +0000
Ady Ady via Syslinux <syslinux at zytor.com> wrote:

> > Hi together,
> >
> > The gnu-efi project released in January a new version: 3.0.5.
> >
> > Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to find a release-note or
> > such.
> >
> > Fact is, syslinux has some difficulties building with that version.
> >

> Syslinux's devs might or might not reply to your email, so here are
> some comments, FWIW.
>
> If you mean that you have gnu-efi v.3.0.5 installed in your system
> and you are assuming that Syslinux is using your local gnu-efi
> version as a building dependency, such assumption is probably
> incorrect.

I've made sure that I'm building with the system version of gnu-efi and
not the included one.

> Generally speaking, the gnu-efi submodule in Syslinux points to a
> specific gnu-efi commit, and does not care (much) about which version
> of gnu-efi you have installed in your system.

Again, I'm not using the included version of gnu-efi. Else, I wouldn't
have noticed the compiling the errors, duh. The included version is
obsolete, and has a lot more bugs that the latest release.

I've got the necessary patches to make it work over here in the
meantime. They should appear on this list pretty soon. Please consider
them for integration, and maybe consider dropping the included version
of gnu-efi, or at least updating it.

Regards,
Ben.