[syslinux] Help with PXE "Out of Memory" error?

Ady Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 4 08:10:59 PDT 2017

> Inquiring minds want to know and links to docs will do :)

Just a minor suggestion (and a way for me to vent?)...

There is a "search" box in the official wiki. Searching for "linux.c32"
might result in some relevant info (assuming that the wiki is
working/on-line).

I am aware that, for a user to be able to perform such search, the user
would need to know about the existence of this c32 module, or at least
about Syslinux's configuration syntax. OK, so how about searching for
"config", or "configuration", or "menu", or "COM32", or "KERNEL-LIKE
DIRECTIVES", or something. I sincerely hope it helps.

FWIW, the _need_ to use linux.c32 is becoming more common (in the sense
that other loading methods are not always capable of loading
newer/current kernels+initrams+additional_files, considering their
sizes). Unfortunately, only a minority of users seem to be aware of
Syslinux's syntax and modules, while the Syslinux-related packages are,
generally speaking and IMO, not reaching the level of
maintenance/support that common users seem to expect.

Regards,
Ady.