[syslinux] efi config hang

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Wed Dec 12 15:05:39 PST 2018

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 4:54 PM Joakim Tjernlund
<Joakim.Tjernlund at infinera.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2018-12-12 at 16:00 -0600, Carl Karsten via Syslinux wrote:
> > CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

> > > How about comparing it with the current behaviour in BIOS mode?
> >
> > Everything in current BIOS mode works perfectly as far as I can tell.
> > We know things are different with efi, but that alone isn't a blocker.
>
> Have you tried to updating to a newer gnu-efi ? The one included in syslinux is very old.

I am using the binaries from
https://sources.debian.org/src/syslinux/3:6.04%7Egit20171011.af7e95c3+dfsg1-6/debian/changelog/

> I have one here: https://github.com/joakim-tjernlund/syslinux

quick look makes me wonder why it would have newer code:
Syslinux GIT repo; master is identical to upstream master
http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.ph…

--
Carl K