[syslinux] efi config hang

Joakim Tjernlund Joakim.Tjernlund at infinera.com
Wed Dec 12 14:53:59 PST 2018

On Wed, 2018-12-12 at 16:00 -0600, Carl Karsten via Syslinux wrote:
> CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

> > > I see the effects, both good and bad.  I'm having trouble knowing how
> > > bad the bad is.
> >
> > How about comparing it with the current behaviour in BIOS mode?
>
> Everything in current BIOS mode works perfectly as far as I can tell.
> We know things are different with efi, but that alone isn't a blocker.

Have you tried to updating to a newer gnu-efi ? The one included in syslinux is very old.
I have one here: https://github.com/joakim-tjernlund/syslinux

While I am here, I want to ask:
Is there a way to create a combined PXE boot img for both BIOS and EFI ?
Currently one have to use 2 different images.

Also, can one have GRUB bootable PXE img?

 Jocke