[syslinux] efi config hang

Ady Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 13 08:53:32 PST 2018

@Carl,

I'll repeat what I said in my prior email: you don't have to keep
looking, we already achieved what you want (considering that you are
willing to "disregard" the screen problems and similar issues, at least
for now, according to your own emails).

In short:

1_ Re-read my email from 2018Dec05:

 www.syslinux.org/archives/2018-December/026247.html

where I posted step-by-step instructions.

2_ Amendment to those instructions:

2.1_ In 'target/EFI/BOOT/SYSLX64.CFG', patch:

- PATH SYSLINUX/EFI64/
+ PATH EFI/BOOT/SYSLINUX/EFI64/

2.2_ In 'target/EFI/BOOT/SYSLIA32.CFG' (which is part of the
"optional"steps in the aforementioned email), patch:

- PATH SYSLINUX/EFI32/
+ PATH EFI/BOOT/SYSLINUX/EFI32/

2.3_ In 'target/boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg', patch:

- PATH ./
+ PATH BOOT/SYSLINUX/

3_ There are additional potential improvements and corrections (I mean
in addition to the instructions + amendment), and there are alternative
ways too.

Since the instructions (in the email I linked-to above) start by:

 "Starting from an _original_ (so-called "hd-media") boot.img..."

then it should be relatively simple to get a diff/patch to send to
Debian, I would guess.

Unless there are complaints or disagreements or different opinions in
Debian as to how to get this done, your original goal has been achieved
(with the caveats I already mentioned in this same email).

Regards,
Ady.