[syslinux] Memdisk and big floppy images

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Mon Jun 18 12:17:57 PDT 2018

Op 18-6-2018 om 20:19 schreef R S via Syslinux:
> In other words: I'm suggesting to use WinImage as it also allows easy
> injection of new files *and* updating of already existing files.
> May I ask which vendor is distributing a DOS FW update that is 20MB? I'd
> like to see the files. Sometimes you just need the .bin/.rom and the actual
> FW update EXE and it would fit a 5MB FDD image.

The old (super?-)floppy file images from below website might do the trick:

http://bootcd.narod.ru/images_e.htm

(and I'd indeed recommend WinImage in its Pro-version for modifications
like injecting files, as well as reading the Memdisk page in complete
detail to get parameters right for use in Syslinux/Isolinux).

Not sure if bootable images from exotic things like Zipdrives or
LS-120/LS-240 drives exis (as non-harddisk image).

Bernd