[syslinux] Memdisk and big floppy images

R S rene.shuster at bcsemail.org
Wed Jun 27 04:11:13 PDT 2018

Thanks for putting together this documentation. Very helpful.

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 6:57 AM, pierre-philipp braun via Syslinux <
syslinux at zytor.com> wrote:

> On 06/18/2018 08:04 PM, Paul Menzel via Syslinux wrote:
> > image of 20 MB, so that the vendor update utility fits.
>
> I used this process to get FreeDOS on a memstick and upgrade firmwares.
> The bootcode may be syslinux's, but I used `fdisk -c=dos` and `ms-sys`
> to get it done (http://doc.nethence.com/freedos),
>
>   fdisk -c=dos /dev/sdb
>   mkfs.fat -F16 /dev/sdb1
>   ms-sys -w /dev/sdb
>   ms-sys --fat16free /dev/sdb1
>
> pierre-philipp

Tech III * AppControl * Endpoint Protection * Server Maintenance
Buncombe County Schools Technology Department Network Group
ComicSans Awareness Campaign <http://comicsanscriminal.com>