[syslinux] SAY command (mis)behaviour?

nfb notfreebeer at disroot.org
Fri Nov 2 02:32:18 PDT 2018

On Thu, Nov 01, 2018 at 10:28:32PM +0000, Ady Ady via Syslinux wrote:
> > Thank you for your fast and in-depth reply, and for the practical
> > example. I think i will dig deeper into the modules part of the wiki,
> > which i skipped when i first configured the bootloader some time
> > ago...
>
> One of the "over-complicated" ways to circumvent the limitation (i.e.
> SAY being a global directive, not a per-label directive) without using
> modules would be to use more than one configuration file (for each
> "per-label SAY" that you would want).

Yes, this one is a bit "over-complicated" (always in quotes) as you
say. I like syslinux because for the basic cases like mine you don't
need more than one short file to edit and maintain, and you are good
to go.
But thanks, this is another little trick, and a good one, which I
may consider to use instead of loading modules.

Best regards.

--
free as in freedom, not free beer