[syslinux] extlinux troubles....

Ady Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 12 12:27:19 PST 2018

> cat gptmbr.bin >/dev/sdb1

I just realized that I was not _that_ explicit as I should had been in
my prior reply regarding this part of your steps.

Not only that CAT is not the best method for troubleshooting, but that
"*mbr*.bin" is not supposed to be transferred (in any way, with any
method) to sdb1 (emphasis in the partition number, "1" in this case).
The *mbr*.bin files are supposed to be transferred to "sdb" (or "sda",
or "sdc" or...).

As I mentioned in my first reply, mixing sdb with sdb1, syslinux.cfg
with syslinux.cOnf and similar things are a symptom of either writing
in a hurry, or not reading / following the adequate documentation.

Regards,
Ady.