[syslinux] Build problems & spelling mistakes (patches)

Lukas Schwaighofer lukas at schwaighofer.name
Fri Nov 16 09:11:06 PST 2018

Hi Gene,

thanks for merging patches recently!  If you do have some time again,
I'd like to point out the two patches regarding build problems I've
sent to this list in August:
1. https://www.syslinux.org/archives/2018-August/026168.html
2. https://www.syslinux.org/archives/2018-August/026167.html

On current Debian testing systems, syslinux does not build without the
patch from (1.), because mbr.bin exceeds the size constraints.  And
without the patch from (2.) the resulting efi binaries are broken.

Both problems appear when using a recent enough version of Debian's
`binutils` package (>= 2.31.1-2 is affected by both problems).

In addition, I'm attaching a trivial patch that fixes a few spelling
mistakes Debian's lint-tool has been complaining about.

Thanks
Lukas