[syslinux] Forum

Bruce Ferrell bferrell at baywinds.org
Fri Nov 16 21:15:51 PST 2018

Hi Anfo,

Windows 7 deployment is actually something I do from pxe... It does requires "extras" from Microsoft to build the windows install image, but they don't cost anything and it's a one
time thing.  I'll have to locate my docs on the Windows deployment tool.

PXE install of windows is the fastest Windows 7 Ultimate N install I've ever done... Much faster than optical media.

The mod for your NAS actually appears to be suitable; It's combined DHCP/TFTP server... It looks like it was built specifically for the pre-execution environment and a few other
such as well.

Most of the NICs I work with have a boot agent built in so I seldom have to deal with putting a boot agent on NICs like ipxe.

But if you need to do that, there really shouldn't be an issue.