[syslinux] Menu entry shifts to the right, when using "{,x}"

Stefan Jensen stefan.jensen at online.de
Wed Sep 5 05:22:41 PDT 2018

Hi,...

my linux distribution is "arch-linux" and I use syslinux 6.03 to boot
this system. I have the following line in syslinux.cfg:

"MENU AUTOBOOT Automatischer Start in # Sekunde{,n}"

While the boot timer counts down, on the last second the menu shifts to
the right (one less character to display). This is completely harmless,
but is very annoying, once you have seen it.

I would suggest that these line should have a left hand position, which
would result in no movement of this line.

best regards

Stefan
--
/* gnupg key id: 0xBEE50711
 * gnupg fingerprint: 9D76 65E4 0AE1 19E5 70C5  E412 1754 9988 BEE5 0711