[syslinux] Menu entry shifts to the right, when using "{,x}"

Ady Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 5 07:00:47 PDT 2018

> "MENU AUTOBOOT Automatischer Start in # Sekunde{,n}"
>
> While the boot timer counts down, on the last second the menu shifts to
> the right (one less character to display). This is completely harmless,
> but is very annoying, once you have seen it.
>
> I would suggest that these line should have a left hand position, which
> would result in no movement of this line.

A similar horizontal shift occurs when the TIMEOUT is higher than 99
(the message gets re-centered).

If this is so annoying, I would suggest changing the directive from:

 "MENU AUTOBOOT Automatischer Start in # Sekunde{,n}"

to:

 "MENU AUTOBOOT Automatischer Start in # Sekunde(n)"

Please note the changes, from curly brackets to round brackets and no
comma.

HTH,
Ady.