[syslinux] Question of syslinux chainloading

Adan Calderon adancalderon at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 05:56:06 PDT 2019

Lu Wei,

For the DOS portion make sure you have a working FAT-32 DOS Bootable
Drive first.  Back up it's boot sector into a file. This file will
probably be 512 Bytes and if you were to open it with a Hex editor it
would start with ".X.MSWIN4.1" and end with "SYS~..WINBOOT SYS..U"
This would of course be looking at the ASCII view.  Assuming you put
the file in the DOS directory and that your file is named PBR.BS

Your entry would look something like this

LABEL MSDOS710
MENU LABEL Boot MS-DOS 7.10 from USB Partition
COM32 chain.c32
APPEND fs file=/DOS/PBR.BS nosect

After you backed up the boot record into the file you can proceed to
install syslinux on the drive.

-Adan

http://www.adancalderon.net