[syslinux] Syslinux LUA -- output not visible in UEFI mode?

William R. Somsky somsky at uw.edu
Fri Apr 5 12:06:46 PDT 2019

Hello all,

We're having the following issue: when in UEFI mode,
any output/errors from a lua script is invisible!

This occurs even just running 'lua -v'.  It runs and returns to
a (visible) 'boot:' prompt, but there is simply no output visible
from lua!  (It does do a linefeed, but no visible text appears.)

Has anyone encountered this? And/or know of a solution?

For reference, I'm using a Dell Optiplex 7040 at my test platform.

Thanks,
WRSomsky

Dr. William R. Somsky           	                   somsky at uw.edu
Department of Physics, Box 351560		 B217 Physics-Astro Bldg
Univ. of Washington, Seattle WA 98195-1560		    206-616-2954