[syslinux] Question on upgrading to syslinux 6.04?

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at guam.net
Thu Aug 15 19:10:29 PDT 2019

I have a project G4L that has used syslinux for many years.
I've upgraded the syslinux from the kernel.org builds over the years up to
6.03 and just copied the newer files, and it has worked.
Saw that the new build machine I setup with Fedora 30 had the version 6.04
files. I tried the same process, and then booting the iso comes up with
message that it can not load ldlinux.c32, which is there.

I then downlod the latest git, and built the files from source, again copying all
the files. It again, fails with the same message. Restored files from 6.03, and
it builds and boots just fine?

I've got the 3 sets of the files, so not sure if there is some new file that 6.04
needs, that 6.03 didn't have, or if there is something different in the build
process. Basic ISO file for CD. Use the isohybrid of the build to make it work
with flashes as well.

Can upload all the info, and build script it there isn't something obvious that I
might be missing.

Thanks.

 Michael D. Setzer II - Computer Science Instructor (Retired)
 mailto:mikes at guam.net
 mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
 Guam - Where America's Day Begins
 G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
 http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS

ROSETTA      66311323.990119 | ABC          16613838.513356
SETI        109804121.703177 | EINSTEIN    141859222.999240