[syslinux] Status of syslinux git master

Sebastian Herbszt herbszt at gmx.de
Sun Jul 7 08:37:10 PDT 2019

Gene,

it looks like the syslinux master branch is broken since February [1].
Peter created the wip.makefixes branch but I wasn't able to get it
working (yet) and it lacks activity since March.

I think it might be time to revert commit 458a54133ecd ("Fix all
warnings, and better separate code that should not be mixed") which
broke master. Then apply at least the outstanding patch "Force the
linker to put all sections into a single PT_LOAD segment" [2] from
Debian which is required for EFI. And maybe tag the result as
syslinux-6.04-pre4.

[1] https://www.syslinux.org/archives/2019-February/026335.html
[2] https://www.syslinux.org/archives/2018-August/026167.html

Sebastian