[syslinux] LVM support ?

Ignat Insarov kindaro at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 05:49:01 PDT 2019

Hello.

I wonder if there are any developments on supporting LVM. I see there
is a thread dating 10 years back [1] and a wiki page last updated 5
years ago [2]. In the meantime, is there something being done, or
something I can help with?

1: https://www.syslinux.org/archives/2009-April/012418.html
2: https://wiki.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php?title=Development/LVM_support

I have in mind making a partitionless LVM volume, similar to btrfs
setup as discussed elsewhere [3]. It is clearly possible to reserve
any amount of space at the beginning of an LVM physical volume, there
is a flag exactly for this. The question is what boot loader can be
employed.

3: https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/103501/boot-partiotionless-disk-with-syslinux

Thank you.