[syslinux] Issue with ldlinux.c32 when symlinked on Windows

Ady Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 25 09:26:48 PDT 2019

> As shown above, the file ldlinux.c32 can not be downloaded because it is
> a symlink, if I do remove the symlink and copy the file in the tftp root
> directory it works.

Are you creating a symlink on NTFS?

One possible reason, perhaps, IIRC... PXELINUX does not understand
symlinks on NTFS volumes. Having said that, I might be misremembering
and/or confused about this.

Independently of using symlinks or not, ldlinux.c32 should be located
in the same directory as the bootloader file (e.g. pxelinux.0).
Unfortunately, Debian not always follows this basic advice, thus
complicating the matter (unnecessarily).

Regards,
Ady.