[syslinux] Boot Loop in efi

Gregory Bartholomew gregory.lee.bartholomew at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 10:33:32 PDT 2020

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 11:36 AM Erik Rull via Syslinux <
syslinux at syslinux.org> wrote:

> The system starts booting, loads kernel and initrd (I see the loading
> output on
> the screen), but then the system resets and the loop restarts (infinitely).
>
> I took the same syslinux.cfg, linux and initrd as for the BIOS boot.
>
> Am I missing something? It does not look as if the kernel actually starts
> (no
> output after the load-lines).
>
> One thing that I'm confused of - maybe this is related?
> I can only get the 64 bit efi files running, but my kernel is 32 bit. No
> way
> getting the 32 bit efi files to start, even when trying it over the UEFI
> shell,
> it complains that the file is not in the right format.

Did you find the following troubleshooting page?:

https://wiki.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php?title=Common_Problems

In particular, there is a section at the end that looks similar to your
problem.

I'm not familiar with the problem. You might try some variations on the
command you are using to load the kernel (e.g. try using "linuxefi" instead
of the "linux" or "kernel" command).