[syslinux] Boot Loop in efi

Erik Rull erik.rull at rdsoftware.de
Mon Jun 22 11:38:03 PDT 2020

Thanks for the hints - I have NOT CONFIG_EFI enabled - do I need this actually?
I do not know which variables I need to boot... The kernel APPEND parameters are
sufficient for me...
And the relocatable config is set already.

.. I enabled the EFI kernel config parts - no change... the console prints:

Booting System...

[then reboot]

My syslinux.cfg is pretty simple:
DEFAULT linux
LABEL linux
  SAY Booting System...
  KERNEL linux
  APPEND initrd=iramfs.gz apic=debug lapic acpi=ht consoleblank=0 vga=1
TIMEOUT 1

I didn't find any documentation on the syslinux page for "linuxefi" command -
where is this documented?

Or is there a "default" syslinux.cfg for efi that I could use as a template?

I also moved the iramfs.gz to the separate INITRD command - still no change.

Any further hints? How can I debug this?
I also change the vga=1 to vga=0 - without and effect...

Best regards,

Erik