[syslinux] 10 year old question

Daryl Kuchay daryl.kuchay at icloud.com
Thu May 14 15:15:24 PDT 2020

Still trying to get something of a recent operating system to work on the hardware. I apologize for adding to the mess in the thread last night. Point taken. I do have to agree with the idea of a forum though. Last time I used a mail list for actual support was many years ago. In fact this might be why it took me ten years to reach out. These serve as info pipelines these days. Get more than a few people contributing and it gets messy quick. On a forum I can do so much more with formatting and all others on the internet benefit from the information being publicly visible. Thus reducing the involvement from people working on the code.

Was wrong on tinycore. They are not using pae, they just dont compile anything “experimental” in to kernel and most of my hardware that indeed is, needs to be * built in. On TC its not even there so I lost a day trying to make tiny core work. I’ve built over 30 kernels for this hardware. I cant get theirs to work.

Thank you to Mr Cupp for suggesting Thinstation however the hardware profile iso I made (via documentation) loaded both vitualbox additions as well as VMware stuff AND firefox. That seems like an error for a iso to sniff hardware. I only have 256mb ram.

Tazpuppy although interesting is not usable with pae kernel preloaded and my attempts to utilize vm to load that iso with build scripts leads me to an interface that does not work in vm. Clicks all take place in the upper left of each window that is open.

So, for today I have to report that I am still tying to make a situation possible where I can report back to you what happens with the offered suggestions. I will have to build this myself through scripting so please allow for a few days for my ability to report back.

I will refrain from jumping out of context on the mail list but this is a limitation. Again, I agree that a forum is the proper place for support.

Daryl