[syslinux] syslinux.efi does not seem to support HTTP like lpxelinux.0 does?

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Tue Nov 3 04:36:48 PST 2020

Hello everybody,

I been using lpxelinux.0 with legacy boot to load KERNEL over http
instead of tftp and I want to switch to efi boot. Thank you for the
great tech!

However it seems the syslinux.efi does not support HTTP / IP?

How can I get efi boot load syslinux with an IP stack?

# dpkg -S /usr/lib/SYSLINUX.EFI/efi64/syslinux.efi
syslinux-efi: /usr/lib/SYSLINUX.EFI/efi64/syslinux.efi

# dpkg -l syslinux-efi
ii  syslinux-efi   3:6.04~git20190206.bf6db5b4+dfsg1-1

Kind regards,

Jelle de Jong