[syslinux] syslinux.efi does not seem to support HTTP like lpxelinux.0 does?

Gregory Bartholomew gregory.lee.bartholomew at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 11:54:21 PST 2020

On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 6:39 AM Jelle de Jong via Syslinux <
syslinux at syslinux.org> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I been using lpxelinux.0 with legacy boot to load KERNEL over http
> instead of tftp and I want to switch to efi boot. Thank you for the
> great tech!
>
> However it seems the syslinux.efi does not support HTTP / IP?
>
> How can I get efi boot load syslinux with an IP stack?

ipxelinux.0 is ipxe with syslinux embedded (
https://coderwall.com/p/0sq9gg/how-to-build-ipxelinux-0). If you want an
EFI version, you will probably have to build one yourself. I've done
similar things (
https://fedoramagazine.org/how-to-build-a-netboot-server-part-3/#:~:text=First,%20update%20the%20init.ipxe%20script),
but it is too complicated to explain in an email.