[syslinux] No localboot on HP Proliant with Smart Array and menu.c32

Ulrich Wiedemann ulrich.wiedemann at baramundi.de
Tue Mar 4 02:04:44 PST 2008

> Why did the previus patch work at all? the only changes there were as far as I could see which segments stored where, and no changes to avoid using any memory segments that the prolient might use?

My guess would be that this depends on the functionality you use of the
menu.c32 (or which uses a COM32 module in general).

I have no glue about the exact use of the segments, but from my
understanding I would expect that vk_seg is not used with this very
primitive configuration:

default menu.c32

label local
	localboot 0

This is approximately what I used for testing.

So if the memory block in question is located at the segment 3000h, it
would match in one case with pktbuf_seg, in the other with vk_seg.

My patch is by no means a fix, it was only meant to confirm that the
change in question is related to the problem.

Regards, Ulrich