[syslinux] Memdisk

Tim De Lange tim at krey.co.za
Thu May 23 02:31:20 PDT 2002

Hi!

Sorry to bother you, but I don't know where else to ask about memdisk.

I'm trying to use memdisk + pxelinux with a DOS boot image, is this possible? It works great with redhat and debian install floppy images, but my freedos, and win98 boot disk just won't boot!

Is there some special way to prepare a dos image other than doing a sys a: or format a: /s in DOS, and then dd-ing it to an image in my tftpboot directory?

You can see memdisk downloading the image, starting it and then the system hangs before DOS finishes the boot.

TIA

Tim De Lange

South Africa