[syslinux] Boot loader problems and some tests

Nico Schottelius nico-ast-bootloader at schottelius.org
Sun Apr 9 04:17:58 PDT 2006

Hello guys!

I tested several boot loaders (

      - windos 95 boot loader (works)
      - Smart Boot Manager (sbm)
      - syslinux (some versions)
      - grub1
      - netbsd on the g4u boot-cd
      - lilo
)

on a old pc machine.

You can find my problems and results at [0].

What is really strange for me is that syslinux worked once, but
not anymore.

Perhaps you can give me you comment on the problems I had
with 'your' bootloader (partly I already have feedback) and
perhaps those problems can even be removed.

For those persons maintaining bootloaders without problems,
this is just for their information that it works.

Sincerly

Nico

[0]: http://creme.schottelius.org/~nico/linux/debug/boot_loader/ast/

--
Latest release: ccollect-0.3.3 (http://linux.schottelius.org/ccollect/)
Open Source nutures open minds and free, creative developers.