[syslinux] menu.c32 error "Windows is bypassing your startupfiles"

Franga . franga60 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 9 14:45:59 PST 2006

This only occurs when i use the menu.c32 i have 2 configuration files this
is my standard:

PROMPT 1
DEFAULT local
DISPLAY messages/ghost
TIMEOUT 100
label local
    LOCALBOOT 1

label g
    KERNEL memdisk keeppxe
    APPEND initrd=images/c201.img

When i use this and hit "g" i have no problems, PXE gets the same image i
used in the menu. Loads it, and goes into ghost. My disk image has an
automated processs, and i know 100% it works we have imaged over 60 machines
in the last 2 days using the configuration i give you above. the problem
only occurs when we switch to using a menu. i can garentuee no keys are
stuck and no user is pressing anything (there is no users here till monday).
i have tried on multiple machines and get the same responce each time.

My Disk:
Loads everything into a RAM Drive,
Initilizes the network card,
Gets its IP from DHCP,
Mounts a share,
Runs GHOST with its correct ghost image,
Runs GHOSTWALKER to change the PC name and SID
Reboots.

As i said this process works 100% when i dont use the menu configuration.
But as soon as i convert to the menu config i get the "Windows is bypassing
startup files". I have tested the 4 seperate images that work in 4 seperate
rooms perfectly. And as stated i can garentuee no keys are stuck and no1 is
pressing any key at all.

any thoughts?

- Zen