[syslinux] Advanced Menu system...

Murali (முரளி கணபதி) murali at google.com
Tue Dec 18 06:15:01 PST 2007

Hi all,

   I wrote the initial version of the advanced menu system and have
been working on it (off and on) since. I am afraid, I will not be able
to spend as much time on it as I would have liked. When I wrote the
system I was a sysadmin and and active user myself. It has been 3
years since I was a sysadmin, and I dont seem to find time to devote
to it.

   It would be great if some person or group of people, would like to
take over development of the advanced menu system. I will of course
continue to hang around this mailing list and can answer any questions
you may have about the code. I had been telling myself for the last
one year that I would find time to work on it, but have never managed
to find time. A recent addition to my family now makes it next to
impossible to find time.

  The advanced menu system would not have been possible but for Peter
(for creating the COMBOOT infrastructure and help with some initial
bootstrapping code) and Open Watcomm developers (the initial version
was a DOS .COM file).

  I would hate to see this piece of code go unused and eventually vanish.

--
Murali

கற்றது ைகமண் அளவு, கல்லாதது உலகளவு
(What we know is only a handful, what we dont is the rest of the world)