[syslinux] [Etherboot-developers] gPxe functionality in pxelinux

Michael Brown mbrown at fensystems.co.uk
Fri Dec 5 08:39:40 PST 2008

On Friday 05 December 2008 13:27:27 Marty Connor wrote:
> I've already been practicing mechanics on the staging tree, btw.  There
> is a patch in the e1000 branch ready for merging:
>
>    http://git.etherboot.org/?p=gpxe-staging.git;a=shortlog;h=e1000
>
> Please take a look.
>
> How do you recommend we apply branches from the staging tree to our main
> development tree?  git cherry-pick?  If you're up to it, if you could
> send an example workflow for merging to the main repository, I'd
> appreciate it.

From my point of view (abbreviated):

  $ git fetch staging
  $ git cherry -v HEAD staging/e1000
  + 50497e6 [e1000] Use PCI_BASE_ADDRESS_* symbols instead of integers
  $ git show 50497e6
  [review]
  $ git cherry-pick 50497e6
  $ git commit --amend # if commit message needs editing
  $ make
  [test]
  $ git push

For single-commit differences, this is probably the workflow I will continue
to use.  It's definitely a lot easier having git branches to work with rather
than standalone patches.

You can now delete the e1000 branch from staging; the change is merged to
master.

Michael