[syslinux] Failure to boot isohybrid image from USB stick

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Sat Nov 1 09:32:24 PDT 2008

On Sat, 1 Nov 2008, Thomas Schmitt wrote:

> Gene Cumm wrote:
>> Kent Robotti makes creating an altered disk very easy.
>
> Regrettably he states to have ended RIP development.
> I have to thank him for a fine rescue system which
> provides all tools needed for restoring system backups
> after major mishaps.

That is sad. Is this definite ? If it is I hope Kent is willing to support
a project that takes over the RIP development. I am very interested to
help with such a project. So I hope the experience Kent has developped
does not disappear with RIP.

One of the things I liked was the list of text files that explained how to
recover from different situations. A very good collection.