[syslinux] [SYSLINUX] Slow timeout

mammar mammar at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 08:07:08 PST 2010

Hi Gene,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, i m using quiet so that user should not see the boot messages. Instead
a plymouth theme will be displayed on screen.

The problem is only with external usb hdd. Everything is working fine with
the same steps when i make a usb/flash drive bootable with syslinux.

Even with external usb hdd everything is fine and linux boots successfully,
the only problem is that control stays more than specified timeout in
syslinux.cfg.

The timeout is set to 3 sec but it stays there for around 7 to 10 sec and
then start booting the linux.

Regards,