[syslinux] Syslinux 4.00-pre20: stabilization phase begins

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Sun Feb 14 15:00:19 PST 2010

Hi all,

I have pushed out Syslinux 4.00-pre20, which includes support for
running out of a new working directory: if a directory is given on the
append line to a "config" statement, that will now be considered the new
working directory.

The "pathbased" branch is now the active development branch for Syslinux 4.

With this checkin, I now expect that the major restructuring work in the
Syslinux 4 is mostly done.  There are, of course, still be little bits
we'd like to fix here and there, but I don't expect any more major
rewrites on this branch before release.

What is more important now is that we smoke out the bugs and make this
usable.  I already know one major bug, which is that NBP chainloading in
pxelinux is currently totally broken.

In the meantime, work will continue on Syslinux 5 (elflink) and onward.