[syslinux] NTFS File Sectors

Miller, Shao shao.miller at yrdsb.edu.on.ca
Sat Aug 13 03:16:58 PDT 2011

The following comment in win/syslinux.c seems fairly innocent:

  /* Map the file (is there a better way to do this?) */

So I’ve got an “ntfssect” git repository going:

  http://git.zytor.com/?p=users/sha0/ntfssect.git;a=summary

Hopefully Paulo can plug its functions into his NTFS working repository.  It appears that we’ll have to take one path (in the Windows installer) for FAT and one path for NTFS, unfortunately.

A sample binary can be found in the ‘win32’ branch, which dumps cluster and sector info for files on an NTFS filesystem.

If you’d rather this repository were some place else, hpa, please let me know.  I figured it’s directly relevant to Syslinux NTFS support. ☺

Enjoy.

- Shao Miller