[syslinux] Status of EFI support?

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Tue Apr 17 04:31:58 PDT 2012

Am 17.04.2012 13:18, schrieb Keshav P R:
> I don't think there is any need for Syslinux EFI support with efistub
> support in kernel 3.3 and with efilinux for non-efistub kernels. See
> https://projects.archlinux.org/archiso.git/commit/?id=6caa5bcb69037442fac2b30ac5b20e4350a11056
> for implementing efistu booting in isos. You may also try rEFInd .

You may want to support the same boot menu for both EFI and BIOS boot,
so an isolinux-derivative with EFI support is desirable.

The same goes for a syslinux variant with EFI support: You may want the
COM32 functionality that you are familiar with.

I wouldn't dismiss the need for EFI support just because efistub exists.