[syslinux] Isolinux question: booting multiple ISOs from one CD

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 11:10:40 PST 2012

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 09:59, Christoph Hanle
<christoph.hanle at leinpfad.de> wrote:
> Hi everyone.
> I need a hint.
> I have a running pxelinux system with a lot of submenues in production
> usage. Nearly the same structure I have in production usage from USB-sticks
> (syslinux and memdisk).
> No I want to have the same structure also bootable form a CD.
> Unfotunally my main applications are only available as .iso -files. no
> chance to get them bootable with eg vmlinuz.
> The iso contains only the boot.cat, boot.bin and no.emul_00.
>
> Any ideas or food of thought are wellcome.

Start looking at the following:

http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/MEMDISK#ISO_images

It may not work for all ISOs but for any real-mode system, it should.
Some Linux ISOs can be compatible by the nature of searching for a
MEMDISK.  Most other protected mode OSs loose track of it and "loose"
the memory that's occupied.

--
-Gene