[syslinux] Final line of menu selectable even if it is disabled

Matt Fleming matt at console-pimps.org
Fri Oct 12 05:53:15 PDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-10-12 at 14:26 +0200, Ady wrote:
> Subject:        	Re: [syslinux] Final line of menu selectable even if
> it is disabled
> Date sent:      	Fri, 12 Oct 2012 12:57:24 +0100
>
> > Thanks for testing this! You're right, I didn't handle the KEY_END case
> > and reading the code carefully I think there's also a 'PGDN/RIGHT/>'
> > case that isn't handled. The same logic is split into multiple code
> > paths, and that makes me cry.
>
> Well, as I said, I tested the space bar, PageDown, PageUp, and the 4
> arrow keys and they were OK (last entry not selected). So if you mean
> that there is a specific series of keys to be pressed in a specific
> order and the last menu entry turns to be selected, I don't know
> about it.
>
> If you want me to test a certain series of keystrokes for this case
> (while I'm still at 4.06pre13), just let me know.

The way to trigger it is to have a config file with more menu entries
than fit on your screen. If you have a config with lots of entries and
all but the first were disabled, hitting PGDN would scroll to the next
screen and highlight the last disabled entry.

The attached config file should show what I mean.

--
Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center