[syslinux] [PXELinux 5.01] BUG: "unable to locate configuration file" if directory tftpboot/syslinux exists

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Thu Feb 28 23:54:34 PST 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 08:06:55PM +0100, Stefan Kanthak wrote:
> Hi,

Hello,

> I'm using PXELinux (on Windows NT5.x, with Windows NT5.x tftpd and the
> PXE server included in the "Windows XP Embedded Remote Boot Server").
> This works well here since more than 10 years now.

Good to hear. Thanks for telling the compliment,
please tell it also outside the Syslinux community.

> Recently I created a subdirectory "syslinux" in my "tftpboot" ... and
> PXELINUX failed with the message "unable to locate configuration file".
> Renaming that directory works around the bug.

Thank you for reporting such issue. After all it is software you work with.
Please elaborate.

What else was changed beside creating the directory "syslinux"?
(Was it the only change??)

The 'Renaming that directory' is done to which new name?

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
> And is there a policy on top-posting vs. bottom-posting?
Yes.