[syslinux] syslinux 6.03pre17 + gpxelinux.0 + iso from http not working

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 26 07:12:37 PDT 2014

difference unfortunately. I've also tried using the web server on the
same machine as the PXE server and using
'http://127.0.0.1/Software/Util1.iso' as the URL, again to no avail.

> It appears not to be able to connect to anything via http or https.
Presumably it uses network settings (such as the gateway) provided by
the DHCP server?

> Our subnet on the dhcp server is defined like this:
>
> subnet xxx.xxx.xxx.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
>    option routers xxx.xxx.xxx.1;
>    option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
>    option broadcast-address xxx.xxx.xxx.255;
>    option domain-name "ourdomain.com";
>    option domain-search "blah blah blah, a few subdomains";
>    option domain-name-servers xxx.xxx.xxx.2, xxx.xxx.xxx.3;
>    option netbios-name-servers xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;
>    option netbios-scope "";
>    option ntp-servers xxx.xxx.xxx.2, xxx.xxx.xxx.3;
>    default-lease-time 1209600;
>    max-lease-time 1814400;
>    filename "gpxelinux.0";
>    next-server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;
> }
>
> Regards,
>
> Matt

Instead of "gpxelinux.0", have you tried "lpxelinux.0" (included in
the same pxelinux package), with 2 or with 3 slash characters?

Regards,
Ady.