[syslinux] Syslinux EFI + TFTPBOOT Support

Steven Shiau steven at nchc.org.tw
Fri Mar 7 00:30:50 PST 2014

On 2014/3/7 上午 05:23, Gene Cumm wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 10:55 AM, Bryan Romine <bromine1027 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sorry for the confusion, I am actually using 6.02. It turns out that I was
>> trying to use the 32-bit efi binary to load 64-bit kernels. I switched to
>> using "syslinux64.efi" but it hangs during boot, just before loading the
>> menu. I have not been able to get it to load the menu successfully. Here are
>> the debug messages:
>
> Do you mean efi64/efi/syslinux.efi?  Any chance you can try the
> precompiled binaries from 6.03-pre7 from kernel.org?
>
> What exact make and model of your CPU and system/motherboard?  What
> BIOS/firmware version?  There's a significant chance you only have
> EFI32 services so EFI64 syslinux.efi isn't an option.

I'd like to test the syslinux 6.03-pre7 EFI network booting.
Is there any doc which I can follow?
Basically I can test as this doc describes:
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Installation_Guide/s1-netboot-pxe-config-efi.html
Just need to know how to replace grub with syslinux efi64/syslinux.efi
and those c32/e64 modules in the tftpboot dir.
Thank you very much.

Steven.
--
Steven Shiau <steven _at_ nchc org tw> <steven _at_ stevenshiau org>
National Center for High-performance Computing, Taiwan.