[syslinux] comboot use cases WAS: No thanks for breaking third-party applications

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Thu Nov 6 10:17:53 PST 2014

On Thu, Nov 06, 2014 at 03:23:49PM +0100, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> ???Since version 5.00, support for 16-bit COMBOOT modules has been
> dropped, and c32 modules switched from the COM32 object format to ELF.???
>
> The MirBSD bootloader actually took advantage of COMBOOT to
> provide access to SYSLINUX storage and other things. It was
> integrating nicely.

Please tell more about that COMBOOT use case.

> Why did you take this away?

I don't know. Neither I don't know what kind of extras
the COMBOOT modules have / had.

> I???m not amused.

We got that message.

So now let's focus on wanted functionality.

> bye,
> //mirabilos
> --
> Yes, I hate users and I want them to suffer.
> 	-- Marco d'Itri on gmane.linux.debian.devel.general

Let me add a smiley on that (hopefully random generated) signature    :-)

;-)

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--