[syslinux] DMARC test (request)

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 22 23:58:48 PST 2015

> > > Let's see what happens.
> > >

> > Perhaps this time?
>
> I did miss the reason why a new test would be usefull.
> Perhaps are people behind the curtains too shy   :-)
>
> The test did NOT show any improvement.
>

> In the webinterface of mailman, that is where I access privileges,
> is now 'from_is_list' set to
>   Wrap Message
>     Just wrap the message in an outer message with the From: header
>     containing the list's posting address and with the original From:
>     address added to the addresses in the original Reply-To: header and
>     with Content-Type: message/rfc822. This is effectively a one message
>     MIME format digest.
>

> And a side effect of this message is that it reset the bounce counter
> for subscribers that are under a regime of DMARC policy reject.
>

> Groeten
> Geert Stappers
> Usually moderator behind the curtain,
> now informing you that it is work in progress ...
> --
> Leven en laten leven

from 3 different email addresses from Yahoo. Such emails did not arrive
to my inbox (nor to any other area of my email account). I don't know
whether there are email providers other than Hotmail (and its family)
behaving in a similar way, but I would guess that we cannot discard
such situation.

In other words, currently there is a chance that some members of this
mailing list might not receive part of the emails (and they probably
would not know it).

I also don't know whether there are email providers other than Yahoo
that have chosen to follow current Yahoo's policy, producing similar
effects.

I wonder (please forgive my ignorance), whether there would be any
change/improvement if the "Reply-To:" and "CC:" fields would be
interchanged (back) from the current behavior (since March 2014 or so,
http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2014-March/021895.html ). Perhaps
Hotmail (and family) would accept these (Yahoo-originated) messages
then?

(To be clear, just in case, the "Reply-To:" behavior in this Syslinux
Mailing List has nothing to do with the change in Yahoo's policy. I
just wonder whether we might see some improvement regarding some of the
effects of the latter if the former would change back.)

TIA,
Ady.